Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Waving Wheat

Even though my dad hasn't been in the wheat farming business for years, I spent the first 18 years of my life near wheat fields. When we left the farm, and moved "in town", wheat was still the first thing I saw when I woke up in the morning. We lived on a dead end street with wheat to the north and west of our home. I could gaze out across the west field from my bedroom window...and this was AFTER moving into town. Thus, going home in June, during harvest, is always a must. Right after the wheat has turned and temperatures creep into the '90's. When the air turns sweet and everyone has a spring in their step.


 



 
And when we're not watching the waving wheat and combines, we swim.
 






 
And when we're not being fish, we're eating them. The first thing Sam does after stripping off his swimming trunks is head for Grandma's stash of snacks.
(The boy LOVES to be naked.)

 

No comments: