Saturday, April 27, 2013

BOY

BOY [BOI]
1. the wildest of all animals. 2. a noise with dirt on it. 3. most precious to their mothers.

God knew what he was doing when he blessed me with boys. I'm not sure I'd know what to do with girls. In fact, I'll never forget the first time I changed Molly's diaper. Wowzers! There were so many cracks and folds, I wasn't sure where to begin! I really and truly had to ask my sister where to start. I'm a girl...I should know these things! And I have yet to get one of Molly's bows to actually stay in her hair. I'm all thumbs when it comes to hair. Which explains why I wear a ponytail a good majority of the time.

But with boys...well, with boys I don't even have to comb their hair. When they're dirty, we just strip them down, throw them in the shower, and hose them off. And diapers are SO much easier...once they get over the automatic sprinkler season...it literally happens the second they hit air. But that's usually over after the first couple of months.

I can hardly wait to take my boys camping and  hiking. Unbekownst to Wade, I have plans to purchase our first family tent this summer. Whether we camp in the backyard, or a nearby park or lake, it doesn't matter...we WILL sleep under the stars this summer. And when they get older, I've got big plans for hiking. There are lots of National Parks to see, and Montana friends to visit. Here we come, Brooke!

 
I absolutely LOVE our impromptu trips to Lake McMurtry to throw rocks. 


 
I swear I don't normally dress my boys in socks AND sandals...this was an especially muddy occassion. And with the lake being so low, I thought the extra layer of protection was probably for the best.


 
Best friends.





No comments: