Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Under Construction

Tis a happy, happy day at the Shaw house. This momma is finally getting living room window treatments! It's something I've been dreaming about since I first set foot in our house...before it was our house, and still 'FOR SALE'.

Our living room is average size with HUGE windows covering the entire south wall. With the exception of the food stained blinds, the windows have been naked. And removing the ugly blinds wasn't an option. Especially not during the summer months.

The previous home owners were kind enough to leave curtain rods, but obviously couldn't part with their curtains. So, for nearly two years we've also had curtain rods suspended above the bottom windows, with no curtains.

(I'm probably making it sound worse than it actually is/was...but I want you to fully appreciate how exciting this project is for me.)

Last weekend Henry went to work removing hardware. After the hardware was removed, Wade spackled and filled in the holes. I painted.


 
Thankfully, Henry didn't have to use his saw.



 
My fervent prayer is that in one month, I'll be able to post pictures of my new plantation shutters (bottom windows) and roman shades (top windows). I've been scheming with friends and pouring over fabrics and wood stains for weeks...NOT. I had the pattern picked out within five minutes of walking into the fabric store, and trusted a friend to pick out her favorite color for the shutters. Perhaps because I've had two YEARS to decide exactly what I wanted, the decision making was cake!
 
Stay tuned for the finished product...I know you'll be on pins and needles until then.



No comments: