Saturday, March 24, 2012

More and more rain

It's day 3 of Spring Break and still raining. So, we thank God for yesterday's window of sunshine, and change our plans for today...it's off to Lorax we go! Sam's very first trip to the theater (and only the 2nd for Henry). I was partly afraid I was setting myself up for disaster. I imagined Henry tugging on one leg begging to stay, and Sam, pulling on the other. Screaming. While every head in the theater was turned toward us, giving us the cold stare. So, wanting to avoid as much drama as possible, I did my best to exhaust the boys prior to the movie.

We were at the Library as soon as they opened their doors - 9 AM. and not a minute later. And for those of you that have never taken toddlers to the library, don't let the serene vision of books and sugar plums deceive you. For toddlers, the library is anything but a quiet place to read. It's aisles upon aisles (to run down...or walk very, VERY quickly) of books and pictures of favorite characters to scream and drool over. It's tables upon tables of puzzles and board games to squeal over. And have you heard Sam's squeal?!

After the Library, I took them straight to the Wondertorium. Again. Since we are members now, I plan to take full advantage. And I was on a mission. A mission to expel as much energy from two little bodies as I possibly could before 11:15.

By the time we left the Wondertorium, Sam was fighting to stay awake. He slept through the first half of the movie and was groggy during the second half. Mission accomplished. Henry made it through, but he didn't move. And he loved the movie. He talked incessantly about the pink trees all the way home.

Once we got home, Sam now fully awake and Henry on a movie high, our pace only increased in intensity. The moment the boys seemed content playing upstairs, I snuck downstairs with the intent of surprising them with homemade cookies. Let's just say that by the time the cookies came out of the oven, I had two eager helpers to assist with the icing and sprinkles.

The night ended with friends and pizza. Doesn't get much better. (Thanks, Duffy's. For a great evening and even better company.)

John Duffy. The cutest John I ever laid eyes on. I LOVE him.



He makes my heart melt.



Our two teethers.


Baby kisses.


Another great Spring Break day. Feeling like the luckiest momma in the world.

1 comment:

Greg and Jana Duffy said...

Ahhhhhh! I love these pictures ... and I loved spending time with you guys! Our two teethers -- so cute.