Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Finding Nemo

Daddy joined our spring break extravaganza on Friday by taking the day off and treating us with a trip to the Oklahoma Aquarium.




The turtles, Crush and Squirt. I've seen Nemo nearly as many times as Henry, but I couldn't remember their names. So, I ask him, "Henry, what are the names of the turtles in 'Finding Nemo'"? Without pause, Henry yells (clearly exasperated) "Mom! They're Crush and Baby Squirt of course!"



Da-Dum...Da-Dum...Da-Dum-Da-Dum-Da-Dum


This would have scared me to pieces if I were Henry-sized. One giant reason I'm terrified of swimming in the ocean.



Was it just me, or were there others who refused to swim after Peter Benchley's Jaws?




And if the sharks weren't scary enough, the crowd certainly was. We were pooped after 45 minutes. I couldn't put Sam down for a second. If I did, he would take off in a dead sprint and I'd loose sight of him in less than two strides. Insanity. I've never been a big proponent of the kiddy leash...until now.


No comments: