Saturday, August 24, 2013

First Days of School

My boys are growing up, faster than I'd like. The past two weeks have been a roller coaster of emotions at our house. Sam transitioned to Preschool III at the Child Development Lab, and our Henry started Kindergarten. KINDERGARTEN. It seems like yesterday we were laying in bed, watching him kick and move in my very pregnant belly. And now he's five and enrolled in school.

Sam's First Day of Preschool III at the CDL


 
PRESCHOOL Favorites:
Food = Spaghetti
Snack = Grapes, Cheese and Milk
TV Character = Mickey Mouse
Movie = Lorax
Toy = Airplanes


 
Just like I did for Sam, who started preschool three days earlier than Henry started kindergarten, I got up early to make Henry his favorite breakfast on the big day.



 
Sam inspecting his bacon


 
Henry's first school lunch:
 
peanut butter sandwich
pita chips
cheese stick
grapes
 
(yes, I know the detail is over-the-top, but my baby only goes to kindergarten once...you don't have to read on...the documentary gets worse)

 
Henry picked out his first backpack - dinosaurs, of course! He's so proud.

 
I am Henry. Hear me roar.




 
KINDERGARTEN Favorites:
 
Food = Macaroni & Cheese
Candy/Snack = Pickles
TV Character = Godzilla
Movie = Monsters University
Toy(s) = Dinosaurs, Dragons, Bugs and Imaginext Superheros
 
"When I grow up I want to be a DADDY."
 
Henry's Kindergarten teacher = Mrs. Sweeden

No comments: