Saturday, January 12, 2013

Anniversary Hurrah

Six sweet years ago (tomorrow), I married the love of my life. And, apart from the two days our boys were born, it was the happiest day of my life. I love you, Wade, more now than ever.

The moment I became Mrs. Shaw
 
 
I do.

 
Whispering sweet nothings
 
 
Whatever he whispered, it worked
 
 
Our first dance as Mr. and Mrs. Shaw.
 
 
This wasn't just Wade's first dance as a married man. It was his VERY FIRST dance. (Minus the dance lessons we had in the kitchen prior to our wedding day.)
 
 
It's funny the things that become important as a bride plans her wedding. For me, it was my shoes and the cake. Oh, the cake. Seven tiers of white, decadent goodness.
 
I had high expectations...literally
 
 
And Wade delivered
 
 
 
 
I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
so I love you because I know no other way

than this: where I does not exist, nor you,
so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.
 
 
And he surprised me with flowers and a note.
 



 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: