Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Green Mean Fighting Machine

July was a particularly busy month. I painted not one, not two, but three rooms. Wade's job was to entertain the miniatures while I primed, and primed, and primed...and finally painted.

I tackled the dining room first which was putrid green. Gag.

I'm not sure what crafty painting technique Mrs. Former Homeowner was trying when she painted her dining room walls. Whatever it was, it didn't work.


Okay, so it didn't look terrible, but I prefer something brighter. It took two coats of primer to cover all that green!



After two coats of primer...and after painting around the trim.


This is about the time when I started getting nervous about MY color selection. 'Harvester' was beginning to look more like the sun and less like the golden wheat the name implied. I was aiming for more mustard and less yellow. But, I crossed my fingers, had a glass of wine, and kept painting.


Nerves steadily on the rise...


Lucky for me, after 'Harvester' dried, it was much less shocking.





Overall, I was very pleased with how the room turned out. Wade must have been pleased too because he let me move on to the guest bathroom the following weekend (pictures to come). Eventually, we'll add window treatments and make other minor repairs and changes, but the lighter color certainly brightened the room. Goal accomplished.

Not a home project, but a DIY nonetheless. After sniffing paint for an entire weekend, I was finally crazy enough to let Henry make his own pizza. What you can't see in the pictures are the heaps of mozzarella and tomato juice all over the kitchen floor and counters.




1 comment:

Pictures From The Passenger Seat said...

I LOVE the dining room color change!