Wednesday, January 18, 2012

O Tannenbaum

This was my attempt to divert Sam's attention away from the glass ornaments on our living room tree.


I thought perhaps if the boys had their very own tree, they might want to "play" with it and quit pulling the ornaments off our big tree. Wrong. They did, however, enjoy their tree. So much so that they insisted on re-decorating it every day. Sometimes multiple times a day. I helped them select the tree, but the trimmings were up to them. Of course they HAD to go with the giant outdoor colored lights. I mean, what other choices are there, really? And who could resist the red tinsel, green "glittery" star, and tree skirt featuring Santa and friends?!

As a bonus, I let each of them select two ornaments for their special tree. Sam's choices - a bright colored train and space ship. Henry's choices - a pink and white stripped candy cane, and...a giant frog sitting on a swing. Yes, a frog on a swing.

No comments: