Sunday, October 12, 2014

Singing in the Rain

Call me crazy, but I can't think of a better time to ride bicycles than when it's raining. Growing up I remember riding up and down Dana Drive during soft summer showers...the fresh scent that came with the rain, the droplets of water and cool breeze that would beat against my face, and the quiet dead-end street I would have all to myself...my imagination was unleashed and free. I'd ride for hours, or at least until the rain stopped.

Our early September shower last month reminded me of Dana Drive and so naturally, I told the boys to put on their shoes...we were going for a ride! They both looked at me, stunned and confused. But once the garage door was up and bikes pulled out and ready, it didn't take long for them to share in my joy. And when the rain stopped and their bodies were soaked from top to bottom, they understood...it's the simple things in life.








 
Dear God, 
Thank you for this beautiful life and forgive me on days when I don't love it enough.


No comments: