Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Cowboy's Stadium!

Every morning and every afternoon on our way to and from school, I drive Henry past the OSU football stadium. And every time we pass it, Henry yells at the top of his lungs, "Mommy, look! The Cowboy's stadium!"

Yesterday was Henry's lucky day. Our friend Rebecca called with two extra tickets to the OSU vs. Tulsa 6:00 game. Wade had been battling the flu all week, so opted to enjoy the peace and quiet of home...or, at least this is what he tells me...I'm thinking part of him may have also wanted to watch the second half of the OU game. But this meant I got to have a special date with Henry! Minus the sizzling heat, we had a WONDERFUL time. Henry enjoyed every minute of it and especially liked seeing Bullet run onto the field after every touchdown. It was Henry's first OSU football game, but I'm certain it won't be his last.




Some stranger sitting in front of us offered to lift Henry up so I could get a better picture...I didn't have the heart to tell him I wasn't aiming for the sky.


Biting his lip in anticipation...when would Bullet gallop onto the field again?


Drenched in sweat, but enjoying every minute of our special evening together

No comments: