Monday, January 1, 2018

Vaca in Taos

Today in church, it was just me and the kids. Wade had to make a quick trip to Cushing, so the boys and I got to experience communion just the three of us. (Kids Church was cancelled for New Year's Eve.) I had to fight back tears as our communion time reminded me of how blessed I am. To have three beautiful children, a loving and supportive husband, and God, who loves me unconditionally. Today I am reflecting on His goodness and many blessings.

One 2017 memory flooding my thoughts is our family road trip to Taos, New Mexico in October. Regrettably, I'm just now going through photos from our vacation.






 
Love these little people to pieces.













 
Thanks to our friend, Deb, who told us about Twirl. The kids fell in love instantly and it kept them busy for over an hour.










 
As soon as the stars came out, we were in the hot tub star gazing.
"Momma, the moon!"

 
A morning hike in nearby Angel Fire with my clan. Never mind the first 1.5 miles were uphill and I was carrying a 29 lb. toddler on my back. Wade "rescued" me and carried her downhill.






 
At the end of the trail the kiddos collected bags of pine cones which we discovered were an excellent resource for starting a fire.


 








 
We enjoyed warmth from the kiva fireplace, roasted marshmallows, and swam under the stars...every night. It was heaven. 

 
Cheers to many more road trips and family adventures in 2018!
 

No comments: