Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Get Ready!

Buster is 31 weeks old today. We went for our last four week appointment (we'll begin seeing Dr. Goldsworthy every two weeks now) this morning and heard Buster's heart beating a solid 156 beats per minute. My tummy measured 30.5 cm, which is just .5 cm less than the target/average. Everything looked perfect. And then we got some exciting news - we might get to welcome Buster into the world as early as March 26! Because I'm "in the gray" for gestational diabetes, and because Wade and I were both big babies, we're going to do an ultrasound at 36 - 37 weeks to monitor Buster's size. If he's getting too big (over 9 pounds) then it's delivery time!

For those of you who haven't heard, my test last month for gestational diabetes came back positive. This meant I had to go in the following week for a four hour more extensive blood test. I had to fast, drink some EXTRA yummy glucose goo and have my blood taken on the hour for four hours straight. If two of the four tests came back positive, I would be officially diagnosed with gestational diabetes. But hallelujah! Only the last of the four tests came back positive. So, I'm not diagnosed, but still need to make some changes in my diet for the duration of pregnancy...to ensure Buster's health and my safety during delivery. So this, coupled with genetics, could result in an early D-day.

P.S. Buster finally has a name! But I'm sworn to secrecy until his birthday...and we've been working hard on the nursery. I'll try to post pictures this weekend.

3 comments:

Greg and Jana Duffy said...

I can only hope his middle name will be Duffy.

*crosses fingers*

Such a joy watching Baby Buster Duffy Shaw grow in your belly. I can tell he's gonna be a good kid.

Brooke and Peter said...

yippeeee!!!!! I can't wait to meet him, so bring him on! Glad to know he is healthy, momma is healthy and he will be here soon! I want to see pictures of YOU and the nursery... you better start practicing .... you will be required to take TONS of pictures for friend Brooke in MT when he arrives. :)
How about the name Stetson Lord Shaw... I think it has a ring to it.

mo said...

so good to hear you and buster are doing well! will you still be coming to KC? i hope so!!!!!